Catholic Education Services – Diocese of Cairns has an exciting leadership opportunity for an Assistant Principal – Religious Education to join the team at St Joseph’s School, Weipa in Term 1, 2020.
- Fixed Term Position (5 Year Contract)
- Commencing: 18 January 2020
- Remote Area Incentives & Subsidised Available
- Applications close 5pm, Friday 8 November 2019
About Catholic Education – Diocese of Cairns
Catholic Education is one of the largest non-government employers in the Far North. Employment in Catholic schools in the Cairns Diocese offers a variety of teaching jobs, non-teaching jobs and leadership positions. Professional, administrative and leadership positions also exist with the Diocese’s education office, Catholic Education Services (CES).
There are 29 Catholic schools and colleges in the Cairns Diocese, which serve over 11,000 students. There are currently 20 primary schools, 7 secondary colleges (four with boarding) and two P-12 colleges. The newest P-12 college at Mount Peter and a P-6 school in Weipa opened on 27 January 2016. A Youth Assistance College, Holy Spirit College, opened in Cooktown and Manoora in 2015.
Please refer to the School website for further information – https://www.stjosephsweipa.qld.edu.au/
Mandatory Qualifications and Requirements
- Participation in and commitment to the sacramental life of the Church
- Understanding and commitment to education in the Catholic tradition
- Professional qualifications in Education and Religion as per Queensland Catholic Education Commission Position Statement for Senior Leadership Positions in Catholic Schools in Queensland
- Successful teaching experience including religious education
- Leadership experience:
- Demonstrated ability in religious and education leadership
- Demonstrated administrative ability
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated ability in curriculum development including knowledge of contemporary educational issues at state and national levels with particular reference to Religious Education
- Written and verbal communication skills of a high order
- Demonstrated commitment to the Pastoral Care of members of the school community
- Skills for building community including facilitation, delegation and consultation
- Professional qualifications in Education
- Registered or eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers
- Current drivers licence
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education
- Promote child safety at all time
How to Apply
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website www.cns.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Intending applicants must be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation.