Today’s news headlines for the busy Catholic | January 7 2015
- Catholic youth can start memorising the Polish lyrics to the official World Youth Day Krakow theme song, Błogosławieni miłosierni, which was released yesterday.
- Papal fever is rising in the Philippines, with Pope Francis’ visit to the southeast Asian country from January 12 – 19 being compared to “Jesus coming to the Philippines”.
- The three wise men followed a light and found Christ, and so too all Christians must pray to be “free from the temptations which hide the star”, Pope Francis said in his Homily for the Solemnity of the Epiphany of the Lord.
- World’s oldest Catholic Bishop, retired Bishop Gery Leuliet, of France, died on New Year’s Day aged 104.
- Ever wanted to fly with the Pope? Rome Reports takes us on a brief tour of the Papal Plane that has taken four Popes around the world.