The Catholic Loop – Today’s news headlines for the busy Catholic | January 16, 2015
- Free expression has limits, Pope Francis said aboard the plane to Manila, the Philippines, adding that “to kill in the name of God is an aberration”. He also confirmed a canonisation for his US visit.
- “Many hundreds of thousands” of Filipinos lined the streets Manila, the Philippines, in an unofficial welcome last night, and today the Holy Father met with priests, religious and seminarians.
- Disturbing satellite images reveal the horrifying destruction caused by Boko Haram’s latest massacre in Baga, Nigeria where around 2,500 have been reportedly killed.
- Archbishop Amel Shamon Nona has been appointed the new Bishop for Chaldean Catholics in Sydney.
- And Malawi Catholics are mourning the death of Bishop Joseph Mukasa Zuzu of Mzuzu who died in a car accident yesterday, aged 59.