The Catholic Loop – Today’s news headlines for the busy Catholic | January 15, 2015
- Yesterday Pope Francis canonised Sri Lanka’s first saint, St Joseph Vaz, reminded the country about Mary’s forgiveness during a visit to a Marian shrine, and made a quick visit to the local Buddhist temple.
- Indian priests in England save a 19th century church that was closed down two months ago.
- Filipinos will welcome Pope Francis later today with “rock-star intensity”, with the Pontiff’s face already on posters, shirts, dolls, coins and other memorabilia.
- The US Bishops are inviting Catholics to make a digital pilgrimage for 9 days to pray for an end to abortion and the protection of all human life.
- Exiled nuns and priests from Kurdish Iraq have been given a fresh start.