The Catholic Loop – Today’s news headlines for the busy Catholic | January 08, 2015
- Three gunmen killed at least 12 people at a satirical weekly French newspaper last night, raising Holy Father Pope Francis’ “firmest condemnation” against physical and moral violence.
- The Vatican will contribute $3.5 million to support those affected by the Ebola outbreak.
- Egypt’s Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi has become the first Egyptian president to attend the Coptic Christmas Mass held on January 7 under the Gregorian calendar.
- Euthanasia supporter Philip Nitschke lost his battle to overturn his medical suspension because the Northern Territory Health Professional Review Tribunal said he is a threat to public health and safety.
- Mothers have a “precious role in society” but are “not always properly appreciated”, Pope Francis said at his Wednesday General Audience yesterday.