Centacare engages volunteers to offer court support at a number of South East Queensland Courts. Centacare has a long history of providing assistance and support for people when they attend court.
As a Court Support Volunteer you will be working within a highly regarded and valued team of volunteers at Southport Magistrates Court. Duties you will perform include:
- registering, assisting and directing clients on arrival at court and handling general enquiries
- recording client requests and referring clients to available court services
- liaising with court stakeholders
- registering legal representatives’ arrival as required
- identifying clients ready for court to the Police Prosecutor.
No legal background is required and training will be provided.
An information session will be held at Southport Courthouse, Level 1, on Thursday, 4 February, 2016 from 10.00 am – 12 noon.
Registrations are essential.
For further information, please contact:
Mrs Judy Norris
Director, Pastoral Ministries
Ph: 07 33243193 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org