Friends on the Street
Volunteer & Outreach Manager
- Empower local communities
- Drive mission focus and sustainability
- Lead dedicated volunteers with a growth mindset
Foster and develop key stakeholder networks to enhance the operating efficiency of Rosies, keeping Our ‘Friends On The Street’ as the paramount focus.
Rosies is a Queensland based not-for-profit organisation, with its head office in Wynnum, sharing unconditional friendship to those in need since 1987. Founded by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, a missionary order of the Catholic Church, Rosies reaches out to those most in need, the abandoned, and those who are marginalised or socially isolated within our communities. Approximately one in four Australians classify themselves as ‘lonely’. Rosies objective is to be present with them, offering the experience of community and belonging.
A mainstay of local community cohesion and integration, Rosies has established itself as a household name with an extensive supporter network and school outreach program. Currently, Rosies has 18 vehicles on the road delivering over 200 outreaches a month to 63,000 patrons a year. Their student engagement program is active in more than 70 schools with 1500 students and teachers regularly volunteering their support.
Reporting to the CEO, the Volunteer & Outreach Manager will take overall responsibility for managing the state-wide delivery framework alongside frontline volunteers. To be successful you will be a values-driven professional with significant experience in WHS legislation, quality control, compliance and a commitment to person-centred service delivery models. Further, you will demonstrate an ability to coordinate projects within required timeframes, delegating operational activities to volunteer stakeholders. Experience in an NFP multi-site leadership operational role with customer service excellence is ideal, particularly within a volunteer-based organisation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring delivery of the mission and model, act as the main focal point for day-to-day enquiries, working through solutions
- Lead and manage approved frontline outreach projects with volunteer stakeholders
- Implement frontline policies and procedures within a regional ‘hub and spoke’ model, noting the volunteer nature of the workforce
- Develop, conduct and monitor volunteer training, ensuring compliance with corporate policies, code of conduct and applicable WHS Laws
- Execute plans to retain and attract frontline volunteers and partners
- Develop a program for best practise volunteer management, including recruitment, induction, training, management, development, retention and recognition
- Manage Schools Engagement Program from enquiry to induction, guaranteeing service and follow-up
The Rosies ethos is underpinned by the Oblate spirit of daring and a committed set of Christian values, to that end we are seeking candidates who align to these values and beliefs. You will be required to hold, or be able to hold, a Blue Card, current driver’s license, and pass a criminal history check.
To apply, please submit your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter at www.ontalent.com.au outlining why you are the best person for this exciting and rewarding role. Confidential enquiries should be made to Ben Thurlow, Client Partner – OnTalent, on 07 3305 5800.