- Fixed Term Position (5 year contract)
- 38 Hours Per Week
- Commencing 20 January 2020 (negotiable)
About Catholic Education Services, Diocese of Cairns
Catholic Education is one of the largest non-government employers in the Far North. Employment in Catholic schools in the Cairns Diocese offers a variety of teaching jobs, non-teaching jobs and leadership positions. Professional, administrative and leadership positions also exist with the Diocese’s education office, Catholic Education Services (CES).
There are 29 Catholic schools and colleges in the Cairns Diocese, which serve over 11,000 students. There are currently 20 primary schools, 7 secondary colleges (four with boarding) and two P-12 colleges. The newest P-12 college at Mount Peter and a P-6 school in Weipa opened on 27 January, 2016. A Youth Assistance College, Holy Spirit College, opened in Cooktown and Manoora in 2015.
Purpose of the Role
This full-time position calls for a highly experienced educator with enthusiasm and commitment to work in a challenging and rewarding role, providing Catholic educational leadership for Identity and Outreach services through coordination, advocacy, representation, policy development and delivery of services to support the Mission of Catholic Education in the Diocese of Cairns.
In this role the Leader Formation will assume special responsibility for leadership in the key area of staff formation in the Catholic Tradition in the Diocese. Primarily, the role will entail working closely with the Director Identity and Outreach and collaborating with the Identity and Outreach staff in developing and driving a comprehensive professional learning program to enhance the religious literacy of teachers in the schools and colleges in the Diocese.
Mandatory Qualifications & Requirements
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education
- Highly developed understanding and experience in and personal commitment to spiritual formation and Catholic Education
- Senior leadership experience (APRE/Director of Mission/AP or Principal) and current experience and demonstrated effectiveness in Religious Education teaching in Catholic Education
- Masters degree with subjects completed in Religious Education, Theology, Scripture or related discipline
- An ability to build positive relationships within professional learning networks that effect improvement in learning
- A demonstrated knowledge and commitment to integrating contemporary learning principles within P-12 Religious Education Curriculum
- Ability to work across a range of contexts – primary, secondary and P-12 schools
- Must hold current Queensland College of Teachers Registration or have the ability to obtain
- Evidence of classroom experience within the past 5 years
- Hold a current motor vehicle driver’s license and be able to travel within the diocese
- Promote child safety at all times
How to Apply
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website www.cns.catholic.edu.au
Applications close 5pm, Friday 6 December 2019