Diocesan Financial Administrator
The Diocese of Armidale is the home of the Catholic Church in New England and North West Slopes and Plains of NSW, covering 91,500 square kilometres, extending north to Tenterfield, south to Quirindi and as far west as Walgett and Mungindi. The Diocese has 24 parishes, 24 schools, 9 Centacare sites, Armidale Diocesan Investment Group and Saint Albert’s college, a residential college at the University of New England. The Diocese supports the community through pastoral care, education, social welfare and financial services.
Reporting to the Bishop of the Diocese, and based in Armidale, NSW, the Diocesan Financial Administrator (DFA) is responsible to administer the financial affairs and strategic planning of the Diocese whilst providing commercial management and inspirational leadership.
Drawing on your proven experience in an Executive Finance role within a complex organisation, you will guide the Diocese in matters of operational management, compliance, assets, property, audit and risk, policy development, human resources and IT.
Whilst being a hands on position in which you will undertake the full range of financial reporting, analysis and budgeting, you will also build an effective team to provide operational and management support.
This is a Key Senior position within the Catholic Diocese of Armidale and a trusted advisor to the Bishop and within the Diocesan community. It is essential you have the interpersonal skills to build long lasting relationships across the whole Diocese including Priests, Parishes, Diocesan Agencies, Governance Boards and the Diocese Finance Council.
Key attributes and inherent requirements of the position:
• Practising Catholic with a demonstrated personal commitment to the Catholic faith and its teachings, mission and values.
• Qualified Executive, preferably in Accountancy, and expert in financial matters.
• Ability to understand, promote the Catholic mission of the Diocese of Armidale.
• Extensive experience in a complex organisation providing high level, strategic financial and confidential advice.
• A proven leader and experienced managing complex projects.
• The ability to think strategically, drive and implement change, high level communication and negotiation skills.
For a confidential discussion and to obtain a copy of the position description please contact: Michael O’Connell FCCA CA at Sapphire Recruitment on : 07 3112 5131 / 0414 718 715 or email@example.com