- Creative, team-oriented and relationship-based role
- Values driven organisation
- Design expertise required
The Youth Evangelisation Office animates, supports and promotes the efforts of Catholic youth initiatives across the Archdiocese of Brisbane. Reporting to the Youth Project Consultant, who heads up the Youth Evangelisation Office, the Communications Officer will be responsible for effectively managing communication with and between youth initiatives across the Archdiocese of Brisbane. In addition to this, the communications officer will be responsible for improving the direct communication to teenagers and young adults regarding relevant opportunities for them.
This will be achieved through managing and growing social media platforms, regular updates to youth networks, developing the current websites of the Youth Evangelisation Office and projects that creatively target specific sub-groups (e.g. school leavers). It will also require collating and maintaining up-to-date details of current youth initiatives and youth leaders as well as all current and upcoming events. Finally, this will also be achieved through coordinating the networking events for all youth leaders in the Archdiocese.
The successful applicant will be joining a small team that is collaborative and creative in its nature where the focus for the successful applicant will primarily be all aspects of communication from the Youth Evangelisation Office. The Youth Evangelisation Office is an office of Evangelisation Brisbane, located in the Catholic Precinct in Brisbane CBD. This position will commence in January 2017.
The successful candidate requires:
- A personal commitment to the Catholic values, teachings and mission of the Catholic Church
- Significant youth ministry experience in a diverse range of Catholic youth initiatives including parishes, ethnic communities, movements and orders.
- Proven computer design skills including knowledge of Adobe Creative software (Please provide portfolio if applicable)
- A thorough understanding of current youth culture
- Demonstrated experience in managing and growing social media platforms effectively
- Demonstrated experience in developing websites, particularly using WordPress
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, design, communications or similar (desirable)
- Sound videography and photography skills (desirable)
- Well-developed and written communication skills
- Public speaking skills (desirable)
- Ability to recognise and appreciate the diversity found in the Catholic Church
Apply now! This is an opportunity to support the Archdiocese in finding new and creative ways to connect with high schoolers and young adults. Don’t miss out! For a position description or further information, please contact Teresa McGrath on (07) 3324 3446 or apply by sending an email with a cover letter, your (word formatted) resume and portfolio (if applicable) attached, marked “Attention Teresa McGrath” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 11:00pm on Sunday 27 November, 2016