Townsville Catholic Education is seeking applications from dynamic, experienced Catholic School leaders interested in the Principal role at Southern Cross Catholic College, Annandale in Townsville.
Southern Cross Catholic College is an expanding co-educational P-12 College with a student enrolment of 1,215 in 2019, serving the City and Southside of Townsville as part of St Joseph the Worker Parish, Wulguru. It is anticipated that this enrolment will grow to 1450 when the College is at capacity. With a motto of “To Love, To Serve, To Shine” the College’s clear focus on Catholic Christian values is lived through a commitment to inclusivity, community service and personal achievement as each individual walks in the footsteps of the College patron saint, Mary Help of Christians. The College aims to develop each student holistically in a community that embraces the Catholic ethos and values.
Find out more about Southern Cross Catholic College, Annandale by visiting sctsv.catholic.edu.au
A rewarding opportunity
The Principal, leading a team of six other senior school leaders, guides and directs all aspects of college life so that students strive to be the best person they can be. This career opportunity is open to innovative Catholic school leaders who are resilient, creative, hardworking, and who are focussed on developing the capacity of each student and staff member.
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
• Displays confidence, curiosity, enthusiasm and optimism
• Displays emotional intelligence in working with individuals and groups
• Builds an inclusive, trusting community and cultivates productive working relationships
• Is an effective coach able to respond clearly
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
• Salary range: $175,927 – $191,177
• Up to 12.75% superannuation
• Full relocation assistance
• Access to College vehicle with contribution to FBT costs
• Access to sabbatical leave.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and upload a current CV with a covering letter. Your CV should include referee details of your current line manager and your Parish Priest.
With reference to the Position Description and the Catholic Education Leadership Framework please provide a written response (in no more than 2 pages) including evidence of your ability to lead in the following key leadership areas:
1. Faith and Mission leadership
2. Educational leadership
3. Staff and community leadership
Ideally, the successful applicant will be able to commence on 22 April 2019. There is an openness for the negotiation of the commencement date for the successful applicant.
• For a confidential conversation please contact Mary-Ellen Pattinson email@example.com
• For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Application close: 5.00pm Friday 1st March 2019.