Campus Pastoral Associate to Staff
- Foster faith formation and engagement
- Enriching the religious and spiritual lives of ACU staff
- Part-time (0.6) continuing, located in Brisbane
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Within the Office of the Vice President (OVP) Portfolio Campus Ministry animates opportunities for members of the University community to deepen their experience of faith and to use their gifts and talents in service to the world, while enabling them to engage in an authentic Catholic university experience while studying or working at ACU.
Within Campus Ministry there are two roles that provide Ministry services to the ACU Community; these are Campus Pastoral Associate (CPA) Students and Campus Pastoral Associate (CPA) Staff.
CPA Staff roles work within the Campus Ministry Team to implement on a day to day basis programs and activities to facilitate faith formation, the facilitation of spirituality, engagement in the Catholic intellectual tradition, and prayer experiences for the University’s staff with emphasis on engaging staff, increasing staff participation in Campus Ministry events, and developing a culture of staff community and staff leadership.
Providing day to day support to the Campus Ministry Manager, the Campus Pastoral Associate facilitates and supports the implementing the vision for Campus Ministry. More specifically, the role entails:
- Implements a range of strategies and programs that enable staff to explore and express personal and community spirituality
- Oversee the implementation of events and activities in cooperation with the Campus Ministry Leadership
- Collaborate and cooperate with other offices and departments to fulfil Campus Ministry goals
You will need to have:
- An in-depth understanding of the University’s mission and Catholic ethos and the criticality of applying this in these roles
- Completed a Bachelor degree or higher in Theology, Religious Education or Ministry
- Relevant experience in pastoral ministry; specifically to staff in a working environment
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description here Campus Pastoral Associate Brisbane PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $87,006 – $93,497 (pro rata) pa, including salary component $73,521 – $79,006 (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: Tuesday 26 June at 11.55pm
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time