Job No: 971052
Campus Location: Brisbane
Functional Unit: Campus Ministry
Work Type: Continuing part time
- Join a national team implementing the vision for Campus Ministry
- Work collaboratively to implement programs and strategies to meet the unique needs of the campus
- Part-time 0.4, continuing position based in Brisbane
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,000 staff supporting more than 30,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Directorate of Identity and Mission is responsible to the University community for programs and activities that engage, celebrate, and support the University community’s development in and understanding of our Mission, Catholic Identity and living traditions.
As Campus Pastoral Associate (Staff) you will:
- provide pastoral support in the Christian tradition for staff
- oversee the implementation of events and activities run on and off campus
- support staff in their spirituality or mission related activities
- ensure integrity in ministry standards and university policies are scrupulously adhered to.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- commitment to a lived faith experience
- a degree or higher in Theology, Religious Education or Ministry or equivalent experience
- experience in pastoral ministry to adults in a work environment
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with staff and students.
As part of your application, please provide/attach a reference from your Parish Priest.
The University pursues an agenda of excellence and offers an environment where staff are welcomed, safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply: Obtain the Position Description Campus Pastoral Associate (Staff) Bris PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $87,006 – $93,497 (pro rata), including salary component $73,521 – $79,006 pa (pro rata) (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Mr Tony Hoban, Campus Ministry Team Leader on (02) 9701 4592.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 19 October 2016
To apply, please click here: ACU