The Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton requires an influential leader able to promote, foster and demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church. The Director of Pastoral Services & Evangelisation supports the pastoral needs of parishes within the Diocese, focusing on faith formation and mission development.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working in cooperation with the Bishop and the Diocesan Pastoral Council to achieve strategic outcomes in the area of pastoral life and evangelisation
- Providing inspiring leadership, motivation and direction of Diocesan entities, agencies and parishes
- Understanding and meeting he needs of the Diocese in the areas of formation, training and sacramental programs
- Providing leadership to parish communities to address the wide range of pastoral and evangelisation challenges faced by priests and communities in a geographically-diverse Diocese
- Giving parishes with access to renewal resources, ensuring alignment of their activities with the mission and priorities of the Diocese
- Initiating and overseeing pastoral planning on a Diocesan level
- Continuing to enhance and promote collaborative ministry
- Developing strategies to support the development of lifelong catechesis within parishes
- Fostering a renewed understanding of evangelisation at the parish level
- Providing guidance, support and professional development to parishes wishing to develop pastoral associates or people in other pastoral ministries
- Support the Diocesan Assembly process towards the Plenary Council in 2020.
We offer a supportive and positive team environment and an attractive remuneration package commensurate with skills and experience. This is a full-time position.
Applicants are asked to submit a covering letter, their resumé and a statement of no more than four pages addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (shown on page 6 of the Position Description) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Position Description can be downloaded at www.rok.catholic.net.au/pastserv.
For further information please call Vicki Oliver on 07 4887 3090 or email email@example.com
Applications will close on Monday, 15th October at 9am.