Catholic Education Services – Diocese of Cairns has an exciting leadership opportunity for an Assistant Principal – Religious Education to join the team at Good Counsel College in Term 1, 2020.
- Fixed Term Position (5 Year Contract)
- Commencing: 20 January 2020
- Remote Area Incentives Available
- Salary Range $115,908 – $121,609 gross per annum
- Applications close 5pm, Monday 7 October 2019
College Leadership Structure
The College Leadership Team comprises the Principal, Deputy Principal – Learning and Teaching and the Assistant Principal Wellbeing and Assistant Principal Religious Education (APRE). The College Leadership Team is assisted by Pastoral and Curriculum Middle Leadership Teams. The APRE collaborates with the Principal, Deputy Principal and Assistant Principal Wellbeing in the strategic and operational leadership of all aspects of College life.
The College is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Leadership Team member, with a commitment to Catholic Education and to the College’s vision of renewal and revitalisation in all aspects of college endeavours. The right person will contribute positively to the Leadership Team in taking the College forward on its exciting journey of renewal and revitalisation.
Please refer to the College website for further information – https://www.gcc.qld.edu.au/
Key Skills & Experience
- Be an active member of the Leadership Team and will demonstrate an open, positive, flexible and creative approach, working to ensure that the Good Counsel College values, goals and Mission Statement are reflected in practice across the College and are promoted in our wider community;
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team and staff to promote and enhance the Catholic identity and Marist ethos of the College and ensure that all College practices and procedures reflect the Vision, Mission and Values of the College;
- Be committed to a personal faith journey, support and foster the Marist ethos of the College and give witness to the teaching of the Gospel and Catholic values in day–to-day interactions with staff, students and members of the College community;
- Participation in and commitment to the sacramental life of the Church;
- Understanding and commitment to education in the Catholic tradition;
- Have experience in a leadership position in a school setting or similar, preferably in the areas of faith development and religious education;
- Be able to enrich the religious life of the College through engaging celebrations, liturgies, masses, retreats, reflection days and the spiritual formation of staff;
- Be able to provide curriculum and pedagogical leadership and support to the College’s Religious Education Curriculum Leaders;
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education;
- Professional qualifications in Education and Religion as per Queensland Catholic Education Commission Position Statement for Senior Leadership Positions in Catholic Schools in Queensland;
- Masters in Religious Education or Theology preferred but not mandatory;
- Successful teaching experience including religious education
- Leadership experience:
- Demonstrated ability in religious and education leadership
- Demonstrated administrative ability
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated ability in curriculum development including knowledge of contemporary educational issues at state and national levels with particular reference to Religious Education;
- Written and verbal communication skills of a high order;
- Demonstrated commitment to the Pastoral Care of members of the school community
- Skills for building community including facilitation, delegation and consultation
- Registered or eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers
- Current drivers licence
- Promote child safety at all time
How to Apply
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website www.cns.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Intending applicants must be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation.