THE Catholic Leader is giving away five copies of the powerful film Beyond Sight on DVD, thanks to Heritage Films.
Beyond Sight documents the inspiring true story of blind surfer Derek Rabelo as he sets out on a three-year journey of mental, physical and spiritual training to ride Pipeline, Hawaii – described as “one of the most dangerous waves in the world” by pro surfer Laird Hamilton.
The film also features appearances by professional surfers who have been inspired by Derek’s achievements, perseverance and faith, such as Kelly Slater, Tom Curren, Rob Machado, Mike Stewart and Lakey Peterson.
“He lives 100 per cent by faith and zero by sight and look what God’s doing in his life,” Mr Peterson said.
The documentary aims to showcase how “a true champion lives by faith and not by sight”, according to producer-director Bryan Jennings.
Beyond Sight is available to own on DVD from December 3 and can be purchased at www.beyondsightmovie.com.au.
For your chance to win a copy of Beyond Sight on DVD, send an envelope marked “Beyond Sight Competition” with your name, address and phone number to The Catholic Leader, GPO Box 282, Brisbane Qld 4001, or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Beyond Sight Competition” as the subject.
Entries close Monday, December 15, at 10am AEST.
The competition commences Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 10am AEST and concludes Monday, December 15, 2014 at 10am AEST. Entries must be received by post or email by this time to be eligible.
Competition terms & conditions
- The Promoter is The Catholic Leader (ABN 25 328 758 0007), Penola Place 143 Edward Street Brisbane QLD. Phone (07) 3336 9100.
- Entry to The Catholic Leader competition is open to Australian residents aged 16 years and over. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from a parent or legal guardian to enter.
- Employees and immediate families of The Catholic Leader are not illegible to enter.
- A total of five winners will be chosen at random by The Promoter on Monday, December 15, 2014 at Penola Place, 143 Edward Street Brisbane 4000.
- The winners’ name and suburb will be published on The Catholic Leader website on Monday, December 15, 2014.
- Prizes will be sent to the delivery address provided by the winner. Please allow up to 28 days (from the winner announcement date) for delivery of prizes. The Catholic Leader does not take responsibility for damaged or lost in transit prizes.