Printed And Online Advertising Terms & Conditions
- The publisher reserves the right to decline or modify any advertisement it considers improper or out of unison with the general nature or policies of The Catholic Leader as outlined by the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane. The final decision on all advertising material remains at the discretion of the Editor.
- Orders are not accepted on the basis that delivery of voucher copies must precede payment of account.
- Credit shall only be given to those advertisers whom the publisher considers appropriate. All accounts must be finalised within 30 days of the date of the invoice. First time advertisers will not be given credit unless considered necessary by the publisher.
- The Catholic Leader has the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- It is the responsibility of the advertiser to submit the content for advertisements in the correct format and within the correct period of time before the advertisement is due to appear. If the advertiser fails to do so they will be charged for the full cost of placing the advertisement.
- The advertiser must accept full responsibility as to copyright in respect of all illustrations and reading matter used in the advertisement.
- The space is to be used solely for advertising the business of the advertiser and shall not include any other matter.
- Advertising copy and/or layouts as received from an advertiser or its agent are deemed to be correct. Any subsequent alterations required by the advertiser or agent, received after composing the original copy, may be charged as an addition to the space ordered.
- The publisher will use every care to ensure prompt insertion and correct classification and position of advertisement, but will not guarantee the insertion of any advertisement on any specified day or classification or any advertisement in any issue. The accidental omission or misplacement of an advertisement is not to invalidate the order. The Catholic Leader has no liability in relation to any failure of telecommunications services or systems that affect the publishing of the advertisement or the publication of a campaign.
- The Catholic Leader endeavours to make sure your advertisement is displayed correctly on all web browsers and email clients but has no liability if the advertisement is not displayed correctly when viewed using a different email client to Microsoft Outlook 2003 and a different web browser to Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.
- The Catholic Leader cannot send through a proof when advertising on the Catholic Leader website and it is thus the responsibility of the advertiser to make sure the advertisement is displayed in the form the advertiser intended the advertisement to be displayed. If the advertisement is not displayed correctly it is the responsibility of the advertiser to inform The Catholic Leader as soon as possible if there are any problems either by phone (07 3336 9100) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Catholic Leader may not publish an advertisement unless they have an email confirmation (sent to email@example.com) from the advertiser to publish the advertisement. Confirmation must be received by the The Catholic Leader at least 24 hours before the advertisement is scheduled to appear. If the advertiser fails to advise The Catholic Leader to publish an advertisement they may still be liable for the full cost of advertising. For advertising packages or multiply advertisements each individual advertisement must be approved.
- Once an advertiser has submitted either the Job Advertising Form or the General Advertising Form, the advertiser enters into a formal contact with The Catholic Leader in which they accept all of the Terms and Conditions mentioned and are liable to pay for any advertising specified in the form. If any of the information entered in the form is incorrect it is the responsibility of the advertiser to inform The Catholic Leader as soon as possible either by phone (07 3336 9100) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All advertising package quotes put together by The Catholic Leader are valid for 10 days only unless otherwise specified.
- If the amount of space used during the period of the order is less than the total order, the space used shall be charged at the rate applicable as shown on the publisher’s rate for the selected position.
- Instructions for special positions cannot be recognised unless they are embodied in the order and the publisher’s rate for the selected position is charged.
- The publisher reserves the right to suspend advertising for default of payment.
- If the sequence of advertisements provides for insertion on a day when publication is suspended, the advertisement will be inserted in the issue before or the issue after the date missed.
- Banner advertisements cannot be accepted across the top of the newspaper page.
- If copy is not received by deadline date, the publisher reserves the right to insert copy previously used, or charge full rate for the advertisement.
- The publisher reserves the right to destroy artwork which has been in its custody for three months or more provided always that it has not received instructions to the contrary from advertiser or their agents.
- Advertiser’s property, artwork, etc, are held at owners’ risk and should be insured by them against loss or other damage.
- Advertising on the Catholic Leader Newspaper and Catholic Leader Website is subject to availability.
- The design service offered by The Catholic Leader allows for one additional proof with changes from the advertiser, except in cases where there was an oversight by The Catholic Leader. The advertiser will be charged an additional $50 per proof from this point.
- It is not possible for this company to ensure that the advertisements which are published in this paper comply with the Trade Practices Act and the responsibility must therefore be on the person, company, or advertising agency submitting the advertisement for publication. In case of doubt, consult your lawyer.
- Indemnity: Advertising agencies and advertisers accept full responsibility for the contents of all advertisements and agree to indemnify the publisher against any claim or proceedings arising out of the publication of such advertisement. Provision of material copy for publication constitutes acceptance by advertiser and advertising agency of this condition.
NOTE: The Catholic Leader reserves the right to apply any rate increase which may affect the rate scale being used by an advertiser after one month’s notice of such increase has been given.
Terms & Conditions of use of the Business Directory
The purpose of this directory:
The primary purpose of the Directory is to promote local business by allowing business owners to register their services on an online database. This allows entrepreneurs to become better known in their own communities and allows clients to support local business more easily.
The City does not warrant the validity of the information in the Directory. The information is provided by the business owners and The Catholic Leader does not verify the claims made by these persons. While a great deal of care has been taken to keep information on this site both accurate and inoffensive, The Catholic Leader cannot be held responsible for errors, misprints, omissions or misinformation.
The Directory is provided on an “as is”, “as available” basis. The Catholic Leader expressly disclaims all warranties, including the warranties on the quality of merchandise.
The Catholic Leader disclaims all responsibility for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damage of any kind resulting from, arising out of, or in any way related to:
- any errors in or omissions from the Directory and its content, including, but not limited to, technical inaccuracies and typographical errors;
- any third party websites or content therein directly or indirectly accessed through links in the Directory, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions there from;
- The unavailability of this site (and therefore the Directory) or any portion thereof; and the use of the Directory.
The Business Owner’s Obligations
A Directory Listing must not include information that:
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, objectionable, pornographic, profane or indecent;
- is false, misleading, deceptive or contains any misrepresentations;
- interferes with or inhibits clients or business owners from enjoying or using the Directory;
- constitutes or encourages conduct that would violate any law;
- violates or infringes upon the intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of any other person;
- discloses confidential information of any other person without that person’s written consent;
- Is an invasion of any privacy or publicity rights of any person; or exposes The Catholic Leader to liability.
The information contained in a Directory Listing must:
- Offer only products or services that comply with all laws of the Queensland State; and be true, accurate and be kept up to date.
Warranties and Consent
The Business Owner warrants and represents that:
- all details and information in the Directory Listing provided by the business owner are true and accurate and are not false, misleading or deceptive; and
- The information contained in the Directory Listing will be kept accurate and up to date and compliant with these Terms and Conditions.
The Catholic Leader Rights and Obligations
- The Catholic Leader reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject, refuse or remove a Directory Listing or a part of a listing at any time for any reason and without being obliged to provide any reasons.
- The Catholic Leader reserves the right to make additions or changes to the information contained in a Directory Listing. If The Catholic Leader makes any such additions or changes, efforts will be made to ensure that information is accurately uploaded onto the Directory.
- The Catholic Leader reserves the right to, at any and all times and without notice monitor a Directory Listing to ensure compliance with these Terms and Conditions; and record the outcomes of these monitoring activities, without any obligation to disclose or report the outcomes of these monitoring activities.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
The Catholic Leader may vary any of these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving reasonable notice by e-mail at the address contained in the Directory Listing, or at the contact address provided, and by notice on the www.catholicleader.com.au website and the Directory webpage.
In the event of disagreement with any of these Terms and Conditions, use of this website must be immediately terminated. Continued use of the Directory constitutes agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions.