AUSTRALIAN Catholic University’s (ACU) Brisbane campus at Banyo will be open to the public for 2015 Open Day events on Saturday, July 25.
Open Day gives prospective students, their families and friends the chance to find out all about life at ACU. It is an opportunity for people to learn about study options and how the university can help support their career goals.
There will be live entertainment by NOVA FM, lots of prizes to give away, and great food on offer.
ACU Vice-Chancellor Professor Greg Craven said Open Day was an opportunity to discover why the university was so popular among students.
“ACU offers students a friendly, supportive environment for students preparing for careers in schools, hospitals, businesses and a range of other workplaces,” Professor Craven said.
“Coupled with the knowledge, professional experience and ethical practice students gain at ACU, it is little wonder why so many of our students are in jobs after graduation.
“According to the 2014 Graduate Destination Survey, 93 per cent of ACU students are in employment within four months of graduation.”
ACU staff and students will be on hand to answer questions and conduct tours of the campus.
Key activities and events:
- Win prizes, including $10,000 towards one of ACU’s international study experiences
- Find out about early entry, overseas study options, undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and alternative entry
- Entertainment includes interactive Facebook game ACU Racer, the crew from Nova FM and games with players from Brisbane Roar football team
- Investigate studying in Italy at ACU’s newly opened Rome Campus
- Attend a session for parents and families
- Meet academic and admissions experts who can answer questions about what to study and what’s involved
- See demonstrations in the state-of-the-art specialist facilities and try out the equipment
- Take part in the interactive workshop CSI Jerusalem and critically examine the reports of Jesus’ death
- Meet the people who run ACU’s support services, including Campus Ministry, Weemala Indigenous Higher Education Unit and the McAuley Student Association
- Visit the university’s sports precinct, including sporting ovals, a sports court, Olympic-standard gymnasium and swimming pool
- Speak to representatives from Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) about how to apply.
For a full list of course offerings in education and arts, health sciences, business, and theology and philosophy, visit https://www.acu.edu.au/study_at_acu.
What: ACU Open Day
When: Saturday, July 25, 9am-2pm
Where: Australian Catholic University, 1100 Nudgee Road, Banyo
Parking is available on the campus