The Bishop and the Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton are committed to ensuring the safety, well-being and dignity of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults in our communities. We have an important legal, moral and spiritual responsibility to create a safe and nurturing environment for our people. Having laid strong foundations in recent years by implementing a safeguarding framework throughout the Diocese, a skilled Professional Standards & Safeguarding Manager is required to continue this very important work.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Leading and coordinating safeguarding and safe recruitment practices across all parishes and ministries
- Establishing and maintaining a system of annual in-service training for all parish employees, volunteers and clergy about safeguarding so that the Diocese’s culture of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults is improved and maintained
- Ensuring that appropriate induction procedures are followed for all Diocesan personnel
- Ensuring accurate and usable record systems are kept to monitor and report Blue Cards, employee and volunteer declarations and safeguarding standards
- Working with all Catholic entities operating within the Diocese to ensure compliance with the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy and related policies and ensuring clear reporting responsibilities to the Bishop
- Providing induction and ongoing management and support of Parish Safeguarding Representatives
- Advising the Bishop in the management of boundary violation cases
- Advising and collaborating with the Consultative Panel and the Bishop about appropriate management of all abuse allegations, claims or concerns, including effective communication
- Establishing and managing the Diocesan response to survivors of abuse allegations, claims or concerns, including effective communication
- Establishing and managing the Diocesan response to survivors of abuse and managing the support process for respondents, including the establishment of Risk Management Plans and implementation of relevant supports
The successful candidate requires:
- (Ideally) Qualifications in justice, social work or pastoral ministry
- (Ideally) A thorough knowledge of policies of government and Catholic Church in relation to child protection
- A demonstrated understanding of issues associated with cultural change
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to undertake regular travel and work irregular hours to meet the requirements of the role
- Active participation in the Catholic Church community and/or a lifestyle compatible with the values and teachings of the Church
- IT and social media literacy
- A QLD Blue Card and National Police Check
- A current motor vehicle driver’s licence
We offer a supportive and positive team environment and an attractive remuneration package commensurate with skills and experience. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Applicants are asked to submit a covering letter, their resumé and no more than four pages addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (shown on page 6 of the Position Description) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Position Description can be downloaded at www.rok.cahtolic.net.au/pssgmanager.
For further information, please call Vicki Oliver on 07 4887 3090 or email email@example.com.
Applications will close on Monday, 29th October at 9am.