- Full-time 12-month maternity leave journalist role in The Catholic Leader newsroom
- Be part of the team behind the Australasian Catholic Press Association’s Best Newspaper for 2017
- Convenient Brisbane CBD location opposite St Stephen’s Cathedral
The journalist position collects and interprets facts about various events and news stories for The Catholic Leader’s printed and digital editions. This may involve conducting interviews and investigations and using personal observation. They will under direction from the managing editor assign, produce stories, online-digital content, and manage deadlines for newspaper stories, videos and web stories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Computer literacy, experience in MS Word and Excel
- Competent keyboard typing
- Familiar with Apple computers
- Experience with websites (CMS’s, WordPress is ideall)
- Knowledge of and commitment to Catholic Social Teachings
- Qualifications in Journalism media or similar disciplines
- Media, IT and social media literacy
- Drivers Licence
Journalism experience is essential.
For an overview of the role, please read the position description: Journalist.
Please submit your CV and at least two referees to Matt Emerick, Managing Editor, with the subject “CONFIDENTIAL, Journalist Position” to email@example.com.
About The Catholic Leader
The Catholic Leader is the official weekly newspaper and online news source for the Archdiocese of Brisbane. The Catholic Leader is distributed to parishes, schools and Catholic communities across Queensland, while also serving subscribers across Australia and overseas. The purpose of The Catholic Leader newspaper is to inform our readers with a Catholic perspective of news and current affairs and to connect the Catholic community across Australia.