The vision within the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is for a family-centred and parish-based outreach to families and young people in the community. The Family and Youth Ministry Coordinator acts as a key point of connection between the parish, young people and young families.
Based in the Catholic Parish of Forster-Tuncurry, this is position works closely with the Parish Priest to meet the needs of young people within in parish. The Family and Youth Ministry Coordinator operates to coordinate evangelization and catechesis through adults, couples and children so that their developing faith is based on sound educational, faith and spirituality principles.
This role is varied and requires flexibility in its approach in responding to the needs of young people in the parish.
- Qualifications and/or relevant experience in teaching, theology, scripture, community development, faith formation, or youth ministry
- Sound knowledge of and personal commitment to the Catholic Church and its teachings through participation in the faith life of a parish worshipping community on Sunday
- A creative, resilient, flexible, well organised risk taker who enjoys exploring new possibilities
- A good grasp of leadership, planning and team building skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage several tasks at one time in order to meet a deadline
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to put together various communication tools, including reports, articles, training courses, presentations
- Experience and appreciation of working with families, parishes and schools
- Sound computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- General knowledge of catechist and other parish ministries
- General knowledge of teaching and other school ministries
- Background in working with church employees and volunteers
This position is a two year, full time contract with the hours of work primarily spanning across Tuesday – Friday and Sunday.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a National Criminal History Record Check, have a current Working with Children Check, sign a Health Declaration and present evidence of right to Work in Australia.
To apply for this position please complete answers to the above the selection criteria, and submit a resume and cover letter. Please note that by not addressing the selection criteria, this may affect your application and may not be shortlisted.
Applications close: 17 March 2017